At heart, I am a writer.
I started scribbling stories and poems in my bedroom when I was eight. In college, I was a writing consultant, tutoring all levels of students and helping them learn to write — a job I absolutely loved. I even became a “lead consultant” who helped hire and mentor new tutors. After undergrad I earned an M.A. in Journalism from the University of Missouri, a prestigious journalism program. My degree provided me an excellent foundation for a variety of storytelling methods.
My writing experience includes:
Short and long-form news stories, news editing
Scriptwriting for radio and video
Ghostwriting speeches and thought leadership articles
SEO updates for websites and blogs
Web pages and landing pages
Google Ads and social media ads
Social media posts for businesses and nonprofits
Press releases and investor communications
Donor communications: annual reports and solicitations
Some writing samples:
Professional Blogging & Thought Leadership (Ghostwriting): Sometimes writing means you don’t get a byline. You’ll notice a very similar style to mine, though.
- Job Security Now Depends on ‘Giving People Something They Didn’t Know They Wanted’: A fascinating evening with author Daniel Pink
- Cryoport, Inc. By the Numbers: A Year of Record Expansion in 2020
- The Hidden Dangers of Shipping Genetics
Journalism & Features:
- Hugs and Drugs: How a 200-sq-ft pharmacy, tucked in the back of a liquor store, became a critical dispensary for HIV/AIDS and cancer patients.
- Boone County Public Defenders Refuse Cases: After years of being denied the funding needed to properly function, public defenders began refusing to take on clients assigned to them. This piece examines how this situation came to be.
Personal Essays: See more at waywardshe.com, the site I created to feature my personal essay collection.